1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Pierce hits a home run on John Edwards

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jul 21, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Um, Bush has put together the most censorious FCC ever.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

The demography of the burrito diaspora has vexed me, too. And for years I've had to wander joyless in our metropolitan wilderness. Whither the genuine taco? The pure-D enchilada con queso? The museum-quality tamale?

Sure we've got great Cuban and authentic Bolivian and magnificent Puerto Rican - to say nothing of Punjabi luncheonettes by Punjabis for Punjabis, and fine foods of a thousandthousand other lands and cultures - but where could I go for the simple ecstasies of a well-tempered arroz con frijoles?

Puebla Mexican. 1st Avenue and 1st Street. East Village. A one-room turqouise dump to which we've taken Los Angelenos and Texans and photojournalists recently returned from, yes, Mexico City. All agree. Best Mexican food in New York. By far. Get the hardshell tacos.

You'll thank me.

Profusely.

Draft saved Draft deleted