1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie - Get me the number for the Butterball hotline!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Nov 23, 2011.

1. A West Wing Classic

Damn I miss that show

2. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Sure wish they still showed it on Bravo.

3. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

It's important that you put street in there, so it doesn't get confused with Prutter Lane.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joe-Bethersonton/111382868880575

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Starts slow, but the last bit is great. (So hoping this turns into yet another thread with people posting great scene after great scene from The West Wing).

7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

"Every time we come to Southern California we are ABsolutely the Clampetts."

But I always loved this scene in "Two Cathedrals."

8. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Josh's presser is classic - www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP3pl8MEEEc&feature=related

9. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Sorkin does a really great job with holiday episodes as a general rule - see "Thespis", the Thanksgiving episode from season one of Sports Night - but this will always be one of my favorite exchanges between Jed and Charlie:

Charlie: OK, Mr. President, I say this with all possible respect, but each of these knives cuts, you know, meat. Why is it important...
    President Josiah "Jed" Bartlet: 'Cause it is something we pass on. It's something with a history, so we can say, "My father gave this to me and his father gave it to him, and now I'm giving it to you."
    C: Well, OK, sir. But if that's true then why don't you already have one?
    J: I do have one.
    C: Why do you need a new one?
    J: I'm giving mine away.
    C: To who?
    J: Whom.
    C: To whom?
    J: Funny you should ask. [Reaches into his desk and takes out a package] Charlie, my father gave this to me and his father gave it to him - and now I'm giving it to you. [Hands Charlie the box] Take a look.
    C: [Opens the box]
    J: The fully tapered bolster allows for sharpening the entire edge of the blade.
    C: It says "P.R." I thought I knew them all but I don't recognize the manufacturer.
    J: This was made for my family by a Boston silversmith named Paul Revere. I'm proud of you, Charlie.
    C: Thank you, sir.

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I had woot canow!!!

11. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

It just got REALLY dusty in here.

I liked when Bartlet gave Charlie his copy of the Constitution in the finale, saying he would get more use out of it than a necktie with the scales of justice on it.

Slays me every time. Damn you, Sorkin!

rb

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Kicking Ritchie's ass in the debate.

Draft saved Draft deleted