1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Daniels suffers (mild) stroke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Can a stroke be mild? Sure, some are much worse than others but I don't think "mild" is a great term to use where strokes are concerned.
    Love the GEICO commercial. "That's how you do it son."

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/entertainment/people/article/CDGAT20_20100120-092001/318835/

2. Apparently his Web site is no longer up? Wonder when that happened. Hours of entertainment on SportsJournalists.com.

3. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I sure hope this doesn't mean the devil is done going down to Georgia

4. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Hoping for a speedy recovery. Also an American treasure.

I enjoyed the GEICO commercial too, but I'm hoping it was done for fun and not because he needed the money.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The Devil won that fiddle contest by a mile.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I hope the boys from the Do Drop Inn don't catch up to him.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Great pull, I loved that song as a kid. Wonder how ol' Greenteeth is doing these days.

8. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

Every time I see that GEICO commercial and I watch him grab the roll off the dude's table as he walks away, it makes my day.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sounds like Uncle Charlie is ok. He posted on his site today:

http://www.charliedanielssoapbox.com/view_topic.php?id=8835&forum_id=4

Waylon - other good news is that Soap Box is alive and well.

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

actually, some strokes are so mild that the person doesn't even know it happened. lady across the street had no idea until her hairdresser pointed out a few signs.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

So why did he up the golden fiddle?

He even bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat.

And then he got told for the second time, the son of a bitch, that Johnny was the best there had ever been. :)

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Zac Brown Band does a pretty good cover of Devil Went Down to Georgia (and the devil seriously got his ass kicked, again. Johnny owns the Devil). I told my son, yes, the version is very good. Charlie Daniels still kicks ass.

Saw Marshall Tucker Band, Grinderswitch and CDB together 30-odd years ago. What a show. All three came out for a version of Will The Circle Be Unbroken to close the night.

Draft saved Draft deleted