1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Daniels: Give Me a Redneck as President

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's a shame that I have to live in an era where the word "intellectual" can be used as an insult.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Yeah, except that Charlie Daniels is far closer to the values of mainstream, middle America than any pinko elitist liberal snob in San Francisco or New York or Boston could ever hope to be....

3. If he is mainstream, then we really are better off with the electoral college.
    I don't want the lowest common denominator electing our leaders.
    That how this country got so screwed up over the past eight years.

4. zagoshe

I'm sorry -- "Idiot America" already has a president, his name is Stephen Harper.

5. zagoshe

Didn't say he was mainstream -- I said he is much closer to mainstream than the liberal pukes that have turned places like San Francisco into a freak show.....

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Ahh, more enlightened tolerance...SF is a "freak show." Swell.

7. The reason SF feels like a "freak show" to me is because of the thousands of homeless people walking up, down and around every street in the city. But I'm sure they probably deserve to live that way.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's so funny to be called a pinko elitist liberal snob when I've spent most of my life living in small towns in such leftist strongholds as Indiana, Texas, Idaho and Montana. Hell, I haven't even visited most of the cities Zag expounds on.

9. I'm another pinko elitist liberal snob who has never been farther north on the east coast than Baltimore.

10. zagoshe

I didn't call you anything.

Do you have a guilty conscience?

11. zagoshe

Well D.C. is a bastion for liberal snobs as well

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

:D

Well, that's farther north than D.C., which is a hotbed of liberal activity ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.