1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Daniels: Give Me a Redneck as President

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

There's the isolationist approach that's made this the most successful eight years of my lifetime.

Oh, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that not worshipping should be an option on the list of "worshipping how one sees fit."

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hey, Hondo, I'm commenting on America's bully-in-the-schoolyard approach to internaitonal politics.

And Fredo's little adventure in Iraq meant abandoning Afghanistan which ended up contributing to the death of Canadian soldiers.

So, this is MY business, and everybody's business as much as your narrow little world might think otherwise.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Yes

4. Here's another of his brilliant, air-tight columns:

Darwin

The longer I live and the more I look around me the more firmly I become convinced that all things were created by God and that the Darwin Theory just doesn't hold water.

Now I know that Mr. Darwin is the darling of the secular progressive and new age sets, probably the only other fallacy besides global warming that rates so high in their collective opinions.

If you'll take the time to look at the Universe and if you'll just be honest with yourself you'll just have to admit that all of this was created, not evolved from some blob of primeval scum that took some billion years or so to ooze up out of some swamp and develop and turn into all things that breathe.

That's called the Single Cell Theory and it's the biggest bunch of supposedly scientific junk ever hatched in the halls of hell.

Take the Planet Earth for instance. It is strategically and perfectly placed in the Solar System to take advantage of the life giving sun and have an atmosphere, oceans, rain and human habitation.

And why is there such a variety of plants on the earth? And do you honestly believe that a tree sheds it's leaves and lowers it's sap in the fall, then raises it's sap and grows it's leaves in the spring by trial and error?

The likelihood of that happening is less than that of a pile of junk, coming together of it¹s own volition and turning into an atomic submarine that can fly unmanned, into outer space.

And how do you account for the time God made the sun stand still so the armies of Israel could have light to destroy their enemies, something that has been acknowledged by the scientific community. Did the earth just decide on it¹s own to stop turning?

And the silliest thing of all is that man descended from the ape family. Well if that's so, why didn¹t all the apes turn into men? Why is man alone in all creation, the only living being that can think and reason?

How about the rain cycles, the food chain and a million other things that discredit Darwin's Theory.

And most of all, how about love? Although animals take care of their young and some of them mate for life, they are totally incapable of love. That's because love is divine, a gift of God to the human beings he created.

Darwin, Huxley and company were part of the elitist intellectual set in England, atheistic snobs who did their best to discredit the truth of creationism.

If I may borrow and paraphrase a line from Shakespeare¹s Macbeth, Evolution is but a poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more, a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury signifying
    nothing.

In the future Darwinism will be looked upon as we now look upon the flat earth theory.

I'd venture a guess that if you were able to communicate with Mr. Darwin now that he'd tell you most emphatically that his theory of evolution is wrong, has always been wrong and that the Universe and everything in it was created
    by Almighty God.

Yes the species had an origin, Almighty God, creator and ruler of the universe and everything in it.

Believe it now or believe it later but believe it you will.

Pray for our troops

What do you think?

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

August 20, 2007

5. Again, Daniels doesn't know what he's talking about.
    Why didn't all apes turn into men? How about because 1) that's not what evolution says; and 2) that's not how evolution works?

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Charlie Daniels is stupid because he doesn't agree with me.

7. I was also unaware of the peer-reviewed scientific consensus that had coalesced around the "time God made the sun stand still so the armies of Israel could have light to destroy their enemies."

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

How do we even know this was a Charlie Daniels speech? It could be fake.

9. That's not it. It's that his arguments are simple-minded and poorly constructed and supported, largely built on a foundation of straw men.

I tend to quickly dismiss anyone who uses, as the heart of his/her argument, words placed in the mouths of "liberals" or "neocons."

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

It's the real deal. He gave it at at Oberlin's commencement last year.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I ripped through entire years of U.S. history and civics in one semester during my freshman year in high school. I can remember the principal at my high school (who taught the history and civics classes in question) quizzing me about the Constitution. I remembered an Amendment that HE forgot.

I consider myself a history buff. I used to read history books in my elementary and middle school days FOR FUN.

You'd be surprised what some people on this board know.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.