1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Daniels: Give Me a Redneck as President

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I took a Con. History class in college. I got an A. I've read it.

2. I read it in all the way through for the first time in either high school or junior high.
    I'll bet I paid more attention in school than ol' Charlie (who does make lots more money than me, so go ahead and bring that up if you wish).

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I wonder what he has to say about Carter now.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And you're sure of this because ... ?

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Because people are trying to take God out of public life. The Constitution forbids the government from establishing a state religion. That's all it says. It says freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. But the ACLA would be happy if ever mention or hint of relgion in government and public life were removed completely. That's not what the Constitution says.

Maybe you're the one who needs a refresher course on the document.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Bullshit, bullshit and bullshit. You think he's dumb and dangerous because of his views...which is dumb and dangerous.

8. Charlie Daniels isn't dumb. A dumb person doesn't write "Uneasy Rider."

But his political rants are straight-up, lowest common denominator pandering.

9. I have a question.

Why the hell does everyone want religion in public life?

Is this basically analogous to the Cubs fan who calls the paper yelling about the White Sox being on the sports cover and the Cubs being inside? (or Auburn/Alabama, Duke/UNC, Jets/Giants, etc., etc., etc.).

I.E., they simply want their views shown the proper level of respect, even though ultimately it doesn't do anything for them? I mean, shit, isn't this what churches are for? I don't see one single thing that someone gets out of religion being in schools, courts, etc., etc. Not one. Just like the Cubs fan can read the same size story about his team on C3. What's it matter if it's on the cover or not?

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I think it's ACLU, not ACLA, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it was a typo and you already know that.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Is it too late for ask who gives a fuck what Charlie Daniels thinks?

And in the interest of equal time, if there's liberal Charlie Daniels in a parallel universe, I don't care what he thinks either.

12. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I won't say he's dumb, but we know he's dangerous given where the last eight years have gotten us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.