1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Daniels: Give Me a Redneck as President

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Love checking in on ole Charlie every now and then and reading his thoughts . One of his latest:

Give Me a Redneck

Last night in Montgomery, Alabama we did a concert for the Buckmasters organization. As the name implies, Buckmasters promotes hunting and their convention every year is attended by all kinds of people, but the good ol' boys in their pickup trucks with the rifle racks, the big knobby tires and Dale Earnhardt, Jr. racing decals make up a big part of the attendees.

The streets of Montgomery were teeming with big guys in camo. They were friendly folks, quick to smile and not afraid to render an opinion on anything from their favorite deer rifle to the current presidential election.

If you want to hear some straight talk, go find you a bunch of rednecks. No politically correct, limp-wristed wimps in this bunch. No stilted semantics or pseudo-intellectual diatribes about the war, gas prices or current politics.

They just call 'em like they see 'em. They chop the log and let the pieces fly where they may and whoever happens to be standing in the way is likely to get a mouth full of wood chips. No word-mincing, no high-flying Harvard vernaculars, just plain words from just plain people.

I just wish we had a genuine redneck running for president. It would be wonderful to have just one presidential candidate who didn't try to play both ends against the middle who would come out and say what they really mean.

A redneck wouldn't take any lip off little tin dictators like Hugo Chavez and would stand toe to toe with the likes of Putin and Ahmadimijad and hunt down al-Queda to the last man whatever it took.

A redneck would put America first and not be concerned what the rest of the world thought about it.

A redneck would protect our gun rights and see that laws were passed to make sure child molesters get what they deserve.

He'd build up our military in manpower and technology because he realizes that a strong America is safer America.

A redneck would protect the Constitution and have the guts to stand up to the people who want to take God out of public life in America.

A redneck would wear an American flag pin and hold his hand over his heart when the national anthem was played or the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.

He would drill in ANWR, off the coast and everywhere else we need to drill to end our dependence on foreign oil.

A redneck would make sure that if someone fathers a child that he is forced to support it and respect family values.

And a note to the cherry pickers, lest you start accusing me of being a male chauvinist pig, you can insert she for every place I've said he. There are plenty of redneck ladies out there too.

What do you think?

Pray for our troops

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

2. I'm putting the over/under on the number of times Charlie Daniels has read the Constitution at one. I'll take the under.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

One of the more ignorant and intolerant posts there, Demo. Why do you think Charlie Daniels is dumb? Because you don't agree with him? Because he doesn't speak the way you like? Because you don't like the way he looks?

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Pallister went down to Georgia.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Didn't Chuck Norris write the exact same thing as Charlie Daniels?

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm not averse to stealing a soul every now and then.

7. I'm referring specifically to what he said in the sentence I quoted.
    What in the Constitution says anything about the President being able to keep people from taking God out of public life?
    I've read other rants by Charlie Daniels. I don't find him to be intelligent.
    That is neither ignorant nor intolerant.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm with Charlie. I'm going to start a write-in campaign for a ticket with Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Well, no question Charlie was born in the USA.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Of course if he had his druthers he would have been born in the Confederate States of America

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No, because he's dumb and sounds like a parody of a southern redneck. I don't have to know what he looks like and hear what he sounds like to know he's ignorant---not to mention dangerous.

Please don't pull out Hondo's "the you don't agree with him" shit. He's not stupid because people disagree with him, he's stupid because well, he's stupid. This column could have been hauled straight from The Onion.

You've already had one dumb motherfucker screwing up things in the world for the last eight years. Why would you want someone even dumber?

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Why must you be such an angry old man?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.