1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Cole Didn't Appreciate The Question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Yes, and that team had a grand total of one player drafted that year (Nazr Muhammed), and he didn't go until the very last pick of the first round. Conversely, this year's UK's team is being widely projected to have up to four first rounders (presuming all 4 come out), including the projected No. 1 player in the entire draft and likely two lottery picks. I didn't say this year's team was better than Tubby's, that remains to be seen, only that it has a more impressive collection of raw talent than any of his did, and I will most definitely stand by that.

2. tmr

tmr Member

Love Coles. His press conferences would last a half-hour and we, the visiting college media, loved every minute of it. He would kill the dumb reporters for asking dumb questions, and would give lyrical, hilarious answers to good questions. Can't say enough good about him. The morning after a game in Oxford, we were picking someone up for the drive home and saw him walking into a small church on campus, and you would've thought we saw John Wooden we were so excited.

Once, one of my school's TV goofs asked him why Miami can beat everyone in the MAC, but they can never handle their out-of-conference schools. Meanwhile they were losing to Xavier and Cincy by like a point every year. Coles unloaded on him just like this in Athens. Classic.

3. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Sonny always was good for a sharp quote or two.

Draft saved Draft deleted