1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Brown: Go Eff Yourself, Lucy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This is so wrong, and so great.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Merry Fucking Christmas, Charlie Brown.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's one thing about the Charlie Brown Christmas epsiode that, if it wasn't such a classic, I doubt if it would air today, without a message of anti-bullying. Those kids are flat-out cruel to Charlie.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Excellent find, Songbird.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

When my oldest was in Kindergarten, we got super strict instructions on how students were supposed to distribute valentines. They basically had to be sent in blank other than the signature of the child, so the teacher could distribute them to each kid, basically to make no kid had nasty messages written to them and that no kid would be left out. When the subject came up, the teacher directly said, "Anybody who watches the Charlie Brown Valentine special thinks it's OK not to give a valentine to the kids who they don't like..."

7. When I was a kid Valentines day was a competition to see who got the most cards. Halloween was a competition to see who got the most candy.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yup. I always wanted to get the most cards. And candy, even if it took me 9 months to eat it all.

Draft saved Draft deleted