1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Brown Christmas coming up tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

I knew there would be a thread about this.

I was out Thanksgiving Day putting up lights. My daughter comes out with the dog to play. She stops as soon as she gets out the door when she hears the music. She looks at me, a bottle of Goose Island in one hand, a string of lights in the other and my Vince Guaraldi "A Charlie Brown Christmas" blasting on the CD player and says, "you're a nerd" and runs off with the dog. I love my daughter.

I have more lights to put up and snow is coming, so Happy Holidays to you all.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

No ABC? HOW?

3. BBJones

BBJones Guest

Does she also yell "Fetch me a peer!"?

4. I think I love your daughter.
    And the dog, too.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Such a sweet, sweet ass.

I've never seen your daughter, though.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Lights, please.

"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the fields, keeping watch over their flocks by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the lord shone round about them, and they were afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you this day is born in the City of Bethlehem, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, good will toward men.'"

That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.

(I'm not even remotely religious and I love that part.)

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I have Dish in an area without an ABC affiliate. Used to get ABC from another city until it deemed illegal. It's the only drawback of Dish.

It's more common than people think to be without one affiliate or another in some areas.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

"Lights please" kills me every time.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

FWIW, my wife put up three (3) Christmas trees, one full-sized and two mini-trees, last weekend. One of them was the Charlie Brown tree I ordered from Urban Outfitters last year. It's my favorite.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Is it me or does this show move farther away from Christmas every year? Eventually it will be on before Thanksgiving.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

As long as A Christmas Story doesn't go on the 24-hour cycle prior to the week before Christmas, I'll be OK with Chuckie starting now.

12. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

I'll put ten bucks on ABC re-running it about three weeks from now.

My former boss at SI.com used to be able to recite Linus' speech from memory. He would stay in the office just long enough to watch the speech, then head out the door. Good times.

Draft saved Draft deleted