1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charleston Recommendations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dyno, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm looking for some restaurant recommendations for an upcoming trip to Charleston, SC. I'll only have time for one nice dinner, but would love some lunchtime recommendations, too. I'll have a rental car, if that makes a difference. Any other recommendations for things to see and do would be great.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Hyman's downtown. Great seafood. Go a little earlier than "traditional" supper time or there will be a huge line. I'd say about 4:30-4:45.

3. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Agree on Hymans. Some criticize it for being too touristy, but I found it well worth it. Also liked Fleet Landing, right on the water. Great seafood. Same with Hominy Grill.

For lunch, I think Jestene's is perfect and right downtown. Another place you need to arrive early to beat the lines.

Right on that same Main Street (forget the name of the street or restaurant) is a great breakfast/brunch spot. I read about it on here, maybe a search will bring it up.

For activities, the civil war sub museum and the tours in the horse-drawn carriages are great if you are into history at all.

Probably my favorite vacation spot of all, and I have yet to find something there that was not enjoyable on some level.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Poe's on Sullivan's Island (since you said you have a car) has amazing burgers. The next bad meal I have downtown will be the first.

I hate my parents for moving to Charleston when I was far away in college. They should have done it 10 years earlier.

Draft saved Draft deleted