1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charles Widmore? Nice to meet you. - Lost 1/28

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So you think the woman with the gun is an earlier version of the woman in a coma?

I wondered on the other Lost thread if the woman with the gun was a younger version of Faraday's mother. After all, she's got to get wrapped up in this somehow.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's the big problem. It's become very confusing.

I was trying to explain to my wife, who missed part of last week's two-hour episode, what had happened. It was so confusing, even I couldn't remember it all.

And good luck trying to explain it to anyone who tunes in for the first time.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

"Namaste" was on the painting in Widmore's office when he was speaking to Desmond. I guess the picture was reversed in another scene in the preview. I have no idea if that is a screw up or not, but Namaste most mean something.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And we have seen this word before...

[​IMG]

And the meaning of Namaste...

From Wiki

"In yoga, namasté is said to mean "The light in me honors the light in you," as spoken by both the yoga instructor and yoga students.

Taken literally, it means "I bow to you". The word is derived from Sanskrit (namas): to bow, obeisance, reverential salutation, and (te): "to you".[1]"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. NDub

NDub Guest

NAMASTE is also... "is a common spoken greeting or salutation in the Indian subcontinent. Namaskar is considered a slightly more formal version than namasté but both express deep respect. It is commonly used in India and Nepal by Hindus, Jains and Buddhists, and many continue to use this outside the Indian subcontinent. In Indian and Nepali culture, the word is spoken at the beginning of written or verbal communication."

BUDDHIST. Don't The Others practice that?

Notice the polar bear, too.

Couple of thoughts...

*Miles walked over a burial site for 4 dead US soldiers and knew 3 were shot and 1 died of radiation poisoning. Faraday asked Miles if the soldiers told him what year they were in. This tells me Miles knows who’s dead (Claire from season 4) and has an understanding of time (how he knew to find the wild pig in episode 2).

* What is Faraday’s past with “that poor girl?” Why did he leave her when she was in a coma?

* The two soldiers whom Sawyer, Locke and Juliet captured were “Jones” and “Cunningham” on their unis. Jones turned out to be Charles Widmore.

* Charles Widmore told Desmond to go back into hiding and stay away because “this goes way back.”

* Did anyone hear a brief roar in the woods?

5. 1. It's the Black Rock. As outrageous as Lost can be, Captain Jack Sparrow has yet to be brought there on his pirate ship.

2. Wasn't that a slave ship with dynamite on it? I think what they are going for is that it is a recurring cycle and the different "crashed" forms of transportation hint at the changing of time. From what I can remember there is the black rock (slave ship), Rosseu got there on a ship as well (I think) but I'd bet it was more advanced, then the small plane with the "priests" and Virgin Mary figurines and then, of course, the Oceanic flight.

Also, the "We have to go back moment" is the by far and away the biggest game-changing moment in TV history. For 3 seasons we wait for the cast to get off the island, that is the whole goal, and then in one, small yet powerful moment and the entire world is reversed and they are off the island flashing forward. From that point on the show became less about the island or even the characters and more about time itself. If you watched that and didn't say "oh shit," you are probably lying. In fact, my sentiments at the moment were a bit stronger than "oh shit."

6. Also, here are some recaps on EW.com:

Doc Jensen: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/01/lost-doc-jensen.html

Adam Vary: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,1550612_20245769_20255638,00.html

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

EW's recaps are becoming as confusing as the show itself. Maybe they can print one with basic plot info and another that seeks metaphysical meaning from every scene. Really, a five-page recap for a 43-minute show?

8. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Love Jensen's EW recaps. He always sees something I didn't see and digs into the deeper meaning. He also definitely has a better memory than I do. They can definitely be too long at times, though. And this week EW had TWO, although the other one was pretty weak.

Draft saved Draft deleted