1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charles Widmore? Nice to meet you. - Lost 1/28

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Jan 28, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Great episode.

I am really going to enjoy rewatching Alpert visiting Locke as a child from 2-3 seasons ago.

Little Charlie sure is cute. If anything happens to Desmond, I may stop watching the show.

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Just started up for me. Opening segment is done, so far so good. I have a sneaking suspicion this season is going to get better with each episode.

3. 93Devil

There is a holy shit moment in the last 15 minutes.

Possibly the best holy shit of the series.

4. Damnit I want to see more of Locke and Alpert.
    How old is freakin' Alpert?
    The Others speak Latin. Alpert's been there forever. The statue, I'll bet, is theirs.
    They have been on the island for more than centuries — we're talking millenia.

5. 93Devil

I'm guessing since 1200 or 1300 B.C.

I'm also guessing that Alpert killed off the previous inhabitants, who were a tribal people that built the statues.

Widmore probably left the Others like Ben left his clan. Widmore is aging because he left the island. This is the reason why he wants to go back.

6. I think Widmore moved the island like Ben (which may be what you're saying) and that is why he can't find it again and he tells Ben that Ben took it from him.
    Maybe Ben tricked him into moving it. Not sure.

7. 93Devil

Has present day Alpert or present day Widmore spoken or referenced each other yet?

I think Farraday's mother not meeting Desmond doomed that redhead.

8. Madhavok

So here's the million dollar question. How did the likes of Widmore and company get on the island to begin with? Were they 'recruited' or a freakish accident a la flight 815 land them there? Maybe a possible military exercise and they did what Ben did? Is this just a reoccurring cycle?

9. 93Devil

Do you remember the ship in the middle of the island?

10. Madhavok

Yeah, the Black Pearl. I was hoping it wasn't that easy..

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I was waiting for a dinosaur to appear.

And I don't feel like Whidmore was the best oh shit. The best oh shit of the the series was definitely finding out they got off they island. Or when the others shot at Michael, Jin and Sawyer on the raft. Or the major hatch explosion. There's been so many good ones so far.

12. Finding out they were off the island was the best oh shit of the series so far.

Draft saved Draft deleted