1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charles Robinson, Yahoo! Sports best sports writer in america

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by indiansnetwork, Nov 30, 2006.

1. statrat

statrat Member

Charles Robinson is good, but a man who simply states the obvious in his rankings each week (although they be enlightened statements for indiansnetwork) is not the best sportswriter in America.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

[​IMG]

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

A charmion is you.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If Charles Robinson is so fair and balanced, he should ditch yahoo for fox.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He has his finger on the pulse of the modern-day athlete.

[​IMG]

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I didn't know spnited's real name was Charles Robinson.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If he was born in 1861 and died in 1863, he sure aged a lot in his two years.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That's not Spnited... Spnited never smiles that much.

9. Mmmm_Donuts

Mmmm_Donuts Member

He's not even the best NFL writer in America....or on the internet, for that matter. Not to bash him. He does good work. The Jim Brown interview was very interesting.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

But did anyone really give two shits what Brown thought about all the rule changes? I'm not trying to take away from the man's career, but that "interview" did nothing for me.

11. Sounds like you want to give him a human booster shot. Enjoy.

12. I thought it was a good interview. The whole thing about the NFL taking part in "popular" charities was interesting. You ever talk to Jim Brown? It's like speaking to a corpse. And he gets very, very snippy with reporters when he's pushed to criticize the league.

Robinson isn't "the best in America". That's absurd. But he's a pretty damn good balance between writing and reporting. Personally, I do think he's one of the best NFL writers out there. He wrote a piece about the Patriots the night of their second Super Bowl win that was one of the best stories I've ever read. And he's broken some huge stories at Yahoo.

Clayton and Pasquarelli are too overwhelming with numbers and schemes. They read like VCR manuals. They rarely tell you anything about people anymore. Michael Silver only cares about pop culture and how many names he can drop. Michael Smith writes like he's trying to finish his pieces in between TV spots. I'll take a good writer who can break news over any of those guys.

Draft saved Draft deleted