1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charles Manson ... BIH

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by melock, Nov 20, 2017.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'm surprised they got it in. I didn't see it until about 12:45.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Helter Skelter is a fascinating read. There's also a good Netflix documentary that visits all the sites involved in the case 40 years or so later (some of which are largely untouched since the Mansons left).

EDIT: It's available on YouTube:

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Former Fort Worth Star-Telegram reporter Jeff Guinn wrote a great book on Manson a few years ago. His in-depth reporting really made the book.

Dyno likes this.
  5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I've always been fascinated by the case, even more so in the last 4-5 years after I found out Patricia Krenwinkel was arrested a couple of miles from where I live.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A photographer at my last stop, now freelancing, got an assignment from AP to cover a trip by investigators to a ranch in Inyo County frequented by Manson to see if there may be any other bodies. Still looking for the stories, but here's some of his photos.

Searching for Manson graves

EDIT: Here's the story link.
    Desert may hold more victims of Manson family murders

Corcoran was in the circulation area there, so naturally every now and then someone would remind others Manson may be reading their story.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I read Helter Skelter when I was about 10 (way too young!) because my friend's older sister had it. I've since read a bunch of books on Manson/the murders. The Jeff Guinn book Flip Wilson mentioned above was very well-done. Also, the You Must Remember This podcast series about the murders was interesting, too. I got a little Manson'd out for awhile but just started listening to the new Young Charlie podcast.

Flip Wilson likes this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Just imagine if Manson had social media in 1968.

9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

When The Beach Boys got their own imprint record company, Brian pushed the members to find musical acts they could record so they could make more money. Brian signed Three dog Night. Dennis found Charles Manson.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

He could have become President?

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

An uncle of mine was one of Squeaky Fromme's defense attorneys after she waved a gun at President Ford.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Waved hell. She got some shots off.

EDIT: wrong on my part. Gun failed to fire.

Draft saved Draft deleted