1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charles Apple got "canned" Wednesday?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ondeadline, Oct 8, 2008.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

TSN should have taken the pile of money and invested it into its Web site and the marketing of its Web site. It's like TSN was conceding it couldn't compete with the ESPNs, Yahoos of the world, so it decided to try and invent a new hybrid platform.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Cran, and this is from those I know in the know there so I'm going to take their word, TSN knows that it is number 3 in the food chain behind ESPN and SI.Com. Some may think that Yahoo is third but it's a close battle.
    The goal right now is to become stable before trying to go after the big boys. It sounds pretty reasonable and possible. There are plenty of talented reporters and writers there. The copy editing staff could use a hand or two but there aren't many sites or newspapers that aren't in the same situation.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Nothing wrong with different.
    I'd be interested to see numbers of distribution, though. I don't know a lot of non-journos -- at least people I know -- reading it on a regular basis.

Draft saved Draft deleted