1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charity Challenge 2020

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone.

I hope this finds you all well and thankful and with the ones you love.

Seemed like a good day for another update.

With an anonymous holiday-matching pass last night, the Great Thanksgiving Grand Total - raised by a message board full of dopes and boners and out-of-the-business strangers, know-it-alls, lunatics and last-worders, blowhards and trolls, heartworms and headcases - went way up.

All matched and all in, we've raised $420o. That's a lot of hot meals and a lot of Huggies. Be proud of yourselves.

Thanks to you, we've long since met our original goals for this thread. So we're going to take a break for a few weeks. But let's check in again before Christmas and see which food banks and diaper banks might need a couple extra bucks.

In the meantime, from Opa Locka to Eugene I'm thankful for every one of you.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Things like this are part of what makes me thankful for this crazy board.
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Flip Wilson and ChrisLong like this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Cheers to everyone who created and donated!

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

Happy New Year.

With some odds and ends thrown in - including a carload of diapers this morning - we finished at nearly 5 grand for the charity drive.

My thanks to @doctorquant and to you all.

I send love. Be well.

Draft saved Draft deleted