1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Changing your sleep patterns - in a hurry

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hustle, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Hustle -- Where are you planning to park at BWI? I have a basic idea of where you live (because I think I live near you) and I think, if you want to be in the security line by 5:30, you might want to leave a little bit earlier than you planned, unless you're valet parking your car at BWI or someone is dropping you off. Even then, I think you might be cutting it a little bit close.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Where do you live, the Airport Hilton?

On my last trip I went to my usual remote parking lot . . . LOT FULL.

Angrily headed to the terminal (and its $12 per day rates).

First garage . . . GARAGE FULL.

Second garage . . . Levels 1 through 6, FULL.

Fortunately, a handful of spots were open on Level 7. Of course, then I needed a shuttle to get me from this remote garage back to the terminal.

Left the house at 6:30 a.m. . . . was about 8 a.m. before I was in the security line.

3. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

East of the Rockies, hello.

4. Hustle

Hustle Guest

So here's the update. It's now 12:38 a.m.

I got up at 7:45 (a solid 2 hours earlier than normal) and went straight to work. Put in my time, came back home, immediately went to bed; crawled in at 5:45 or so.

I lay there and lay there and lay there; I try and take myself to as many happy places as possible to drift off to sleep. Each time I think, sweet, hello dreamland! And each time that didn't work, I'd get a little frustrated, worked up and wake up a bit.

Finally, a little after 8, I gave up for good. I got up and helped my wife pack and get the house ready with some minor cleaning up. I had some dinner and, for good measure, drank a beer and a glass of scotch.

We finish up around 10:30. We hop into bed and this time, I manage to get comfy and drift off to sleep. But, as expected, I wake up an hour later, wide awake. And here I am.

But this hasn't been a total waste. I downloaded a handful of Iron Maiden songs that will help pass the time on the plane.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Nothing says Beddie bye like "Aces High." Good luck on your trip.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Keep downloading now, babe. Don't even give sleep a thought. You'll be fine.

7. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I would if the player wasn't full... I had to boot a few marginal tunes off to make room for The Clairvoyant.

Now I'm just playing poker, waiting for 3 a.m. to arrive.

Draft saved Draft deleted