1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Changes at the Sporting News?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JustSomeDude, Mar 7, 2007.

1. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

the editor, rawlings, how visionary is he?

2. skippy05

skippy05 Member

I've never had a problem with TSN. Being a NASCAR guy, I like their coverage and I think Crossman does a good job. He's done some award-winning articles in there and, I think, is a good feature writer. I also like their football coverage. My son and I are stat guys and we love the magazine during NFL season. I know there are some issues with the magazine (no pun intended), but overall, I've always felt TSN was a strong little magazine. Plus, they were kind enough to throw some freelance dollars my way. But looking at it objectively, I think they're in a rebuilding mode and unfortunately, I don't know if the rebuilding will get finished. At the end of the day, I hope things go well.

3. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Thanks for stopping by, Matt! ;D

4. skippy05

skippy05 Member

I think you can read my other posts and know that I'm not Crossman. Last time I checked, he doesn't cover prep sports or the NFL. I like Matt, I consider him a friend, and I think he's a good writer. Believe it or not, it's possible to give kudos to a member of our community without actually being that member. I know a lot of you feel the need to tear people down here (and I'm just as guilty as anyone), but it's pretty sad that you can't say something nice about somone without being accused of actually being that person.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

:D

skippy, you fell for an old SportsJournalists.com tradition.

Now fetch us some damn beers.

6. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Coffeeman took the words outta my mouth: It was a joke. Hence the huge, toothy grin. If I really thought you were Matt Crossman, I wouldn't have written it.

7. skippy05

skippy05 Member

*sigh*

Will that be a domestic or import?

8. subhead

subhead Member

I don't know what offers are scams or not, but I only signed up for TSN because I got it for something like $2 for two years. It worked. I then re-upped for maybe twice that cost and it's still working. I think I used magsforless.com.

I was already getting SI and ESPN, so only got TSN because it was so cheap. I had barely read Kindred before then, but quickly noticed his column was the first item I'd read every issue. I have a pile of issues that I've only read Kindred's column and didn't care to read anything else when scanning through.

The last, I think, three issues I've been turning to the back page and just drop the issue in disgust as I see a random picture instead.

I know I'm repeating sentiments, but had to share.

Dave, thanks for sharing. My readership will follow you.

Draft saved Draft deleted