1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Change at the NY Daily News

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by FreddiePatek, Feb 27, 2010.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I would hope, with that spelling, that that would be the case.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes, Teri is a she.

http://bit.ly/cNjb9o

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I actually hate nitpicking on these kinds of things, but you'd think the Daily News could be a little smoother than:

The Daily News' award-winning sports section has got a new skipper.

"has got a new skipper"?

Sheesh.

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

A 3-hour tour ... a 3-hour tour ....

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Will Luppy be Teri's "little buddy"

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I cringed more over "has got" than new skipper, although between one and the other, that's pretty much of a failure as a sentence after "sports section."

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Leon may not be the the best in the biz but even he doesn't deserve to be trashed on a message board. I'm willing to bet apseloser doesn't say anything to Carter, Howard, Ramos or Jenks in person.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

so effin' what? thia is an anonymous message board. most of what folks say to one another is not what would be said "face-to-face."

i hatethat argument. it's like when any controversial figure, like the ol' george steinbrenner, would tell people he must be the bee's knees 'cause fans were always complimenting him in public.

well, duhhh. unless someone's drunk, they're going to happily shake hands or backslap a famous person. but that's no rue reflection of how they are thought of. there is a natural tendency to protect oneself from talking out of school.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

It's called cowardice Shockey. I've always been told don't say anything behind someone's back that you wouldn't say to their face. I've pretty much lived by that rule.
    I know people - including me - have names here to protect themselves but this taking pot shots at guys is totally out of line. You don't have to agree, it's just my opinion.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

nice to know you live your life so squaky clean, never talking behind anyone's back. you call that "cowardice." i call it "self-preservation."

hard to believe you've managed to live up to that creed. as you say, you -- like everyone else -- is entitled to their opinion. we come here to share opinions while given anonymity. so we do, both positive and negative.

what's the rub?

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Leon acted like an ass on Tabloid Wars. Of course I didn't see any of the staff exhibit a sparkling personality on that show. Drip's just mad because someone is ripping on a great "personal" friend.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Leon's a colleague, not a friend. And so are Jenks, Howard, and Ramos.
    Shockey, I'm just tired of the cheap shots. Nothing personal at you, but many people hide behind these nicknames and bash people endlessly. it gets old.
    As for being squeaky clean, I'm far from that, but I sleep pretty well knowing that what I said behind someone's back, I can say to their face.

Draft saved Draft deleted