1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Change at the NY Daily News

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by FreddiePatek, Feb 27, 2010.

1. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Sorry if this somehow is a D_B ...

It would appear Leon Carter is about to become the King of all ESPN.com Media:

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/02/26/leon-carter-leaves-ny-daily-news-for-big-espn-com-gig/

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Maybe he'll tell that intern to get his Liberty gamer in by deadline this time.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

How will Mike Lupica survive now.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Or clean his clubs?

5. apseloser

apseloser Member

Nice guy. Utterly clueless journalist.

I thought hiring the vastly overrated Hoppes was a bad move — anything remotely creative the Sentinel did during his reign was either the work of the the ubertalented Mike Huguenin or something the late, great Van McKenzie did first — but this hire takes the cake.

Teri is a tremendous upgrade for the Daily News. Addition by subtraction.

You go, ESPN. All you need now is to hire Garry Howard, Ronnie Ramos and Jim Jenks and you'll have all the APSE-loving, do-nothing, talent-less numbskulls who couldn't put out a good Tuesday section — shoot, or even make a story better — if their jobs depended on it.

'Loser out.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Hey, I knew that intern! Good kid. Still there, I think.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

This is bizarre; apseloser is usually complimentary of well-known journalists.

8. apseloser

apseloser Member

Only ones who spend more time working at the craft and getting their hands dirty rather than ...

-- Going to APSE functions
    -- Taking credit for their assistants' work
    -- Thinking they're better than they are
    -- Never coming to the office on weekends
    -- Taking up a press box seat (or 2 for the fatties) as "on-site editor" while annoying their writers on deadline and contributing absolutely nothing to the process

'Loser knows such men. 'Loser mentioned such men.

'Loser is not very well-liked on this board. But 'loser calls 'em like 'loser seems 'em.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Just 'Loser being 'Loser

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

loser be on the money here re: leon, though. teri thompson, though, is widely unpopular among newsies, however. be interesting to see how this plays. :eek:

11. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Teri is AWESOME.

Leon: Never really knew him.

As for 'loser ... I never get tired of third-person.

12. apseloser

apseloser Member

Loser would point to Teri's I-team work for proof of what kind of journalist she is. A-list all the way. And if some staff doesn't like her, that's probably a good thing — they could use a fire lit under them.

And I wouldn't know her if she was standing in front of me. In fact, loser is just assuming Teri is a she.

Draft saved Draft deleted