1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Championship Week

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HeinekenMan, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

VCU has no wins against name opponents and a lower RPI than ODU or Drexel. Chances are those two will be fighting each other for the at-large spot -- do you take Drexel's wins over Villanova, Syracuse and Creighton or ODU's higher RPI, victory over Georgetown and sweep of Drexel?

If VCU can't win against a team it should beat at home on Monday, they're NIT-bound. The selection committee may choose to take neither ODU or Drexel instead of both, if they feel like that's the choice.

George Mason winning would actually help the CAA get the second bid, I think. If Mason wins, then VCU, ODU and Drexel are competing for a spot. If VCU wins, the committee may say "okay, the CAA got their best team in" and move on.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm still inclined to think the big blue beast are in as an at-large. And I'm looking forward to meeting up with BYH at a bar and cheering hard for Mason.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dear fucking God, it better be anyone other than George fucking Mason. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck, I hate them. They haunt me.

In related news, Oz is a much nicer person than Headbutt. :D

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

So this means I seriously have to be rooting for Mason tomorrow night

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

You can go fuck yourself. It's the most action you've had in four decades.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Why do you have to hurt me? :(

Ryan Smyth has revitalized the previously moribund Islanders. Islanders playoff ticket packages are being snapped up now; fans were walking into the Coliseum Thursday night wearing Smith 94 Islanders' sweaters.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I know you think it's late, but you know that's not true...;-} [/inside joke]

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Trust me, I've had much more than your occasional 8 second soirees

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Coffee with the lost Russian immigrant at the bus station does not count! [/more inside jokes]

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Would love to see the Isles try to sign Smyth, especially considering what they gave up. They made some good moves for a run this year -- I just hope it's not at the cost of the future.

And while I love to see the Rangers struggle, I hate to see it just because I'm a big Shanahan fan. He deserved better.

Now back to the hoops...

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Back to hoops, indeed.
    We have a hockey thread for all you puckhead loosers.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Nolan is already trying to entice Smitty into re-signing with the Isles. I think Smyth will listen to other offers from around the league. I hope he signs with the Rangers, though. And yes, Shanny does deserve better than what he's received with the 2006-07 Rangers.

Draft saved Draft deleted