1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Championship Week

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HeinekenMan, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

From ESPN.com:

Could this season's George Mason be ... George Mason? The Patriots are one step away from a stunning auto bid -- and subjecting the nation to more Bon Jovi -- after dumping Old Dominion 79-63

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Big East Tourney seedings:
    1)Georgetown
    2)Louisville
    3)Pitts
    4)Notre Dame
    5)'Cuse
    6)Marquette
    7)WVA
    8)DePaul
    9)'Nova
    10)Providence
    11)St. John's
    12)UConn

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

As I stated on the running hoops thread, Thursday's Big East quarterfinals are going to be some monster games. A likely third matchup between Pitt and Marquette, Notre Dame and the Cuse, always-dangerous Nova up against Georgetown and Louisville and the Mountaineers.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

How about 'Cuse-UConn playing in the first round!

5. Freelance Hack

This year's UConn team is last year's Louisville. The Huskies are a year away from being really good.

That said, they do get the Cuse in the first round, and a first round exit by the Cuse could put them right back on the bubble.

6. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

Seriously, ODU's loss really fucked the CAA's hopes of getting 3 bids.
    Two might actually be a stretch now. Maybe the best hope is if George Mason wins the tournament.
    Then I say you have to take VCU as an at-large.

I can still see Drexel getting an at-large if VCU wins the tournament, but ODU and Hofstra are NIT-bound for the second straight season.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Marquette-Johnnies at 9 P.M Wednesday night!

8. Freelance Hack

Marquette wins by at least 15, if not more.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Especially if Lamont Hamilton can't play. He injured his knee in today's win over Providence.

As an alum, I'm just giddy that they were able to garner a Big East Tourney berth for the first time in three years.

10. Freelance Hack

At least the Reddies will play a postseason game in the Garden this year. That's one more than the Rangers will. :D

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

And the MVC championship game gets........in my opinion, behind Verne and Raf......the best team in Gus and Clark.

Jim and Billy are laughably bad.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Gus is unlistenable...Clark is outstanding

Draft saved Draft deleted