1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chad on Bobby Knight's timeline

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sixthstjoe, Nov 20, 2006.

1. sixthstjoe

sixthstjoe New Member

The Man rocks.

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

3. awriter

awriter Active Member

"1982: Yells maniacally at ESPN's Dick Vitale, but, as luck would have it, at that very moment Vitale also is yelling maniacally and does not hear a word that Knight says." ;D I love that line.
  4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Was vintage Chad.. love reading him when he does this stuff...
  5. daemon

daemon Member

Anyone know where Chad got his start? I know he went to University of Maryland in the late 70's, but what was his career progression like? I'd love to read a high school field hockey gamer by a 21-year-old Chad, or some of his other early stuff.
  6. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Clever, clever man. I could read his stuff all day. Any idea what the going rate is for his column?
  7. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

$1.25 perhaps?
  8. Sly

Sly Active Member

Pay the man, Shirley
  9. BillySixty

BillySixty Member

I guess I'm in the minority, but I can't stand Norman Chad. He's just not funny. One of the papers I read on a regular basis runs him and I just don't get it. I'm not a fan of his style. I want to hit delete everytime I see him use parenthesees, mostly because there's no need for them.
Draft saved Draft deleted