1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chad Johnson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Anyone else watching this train wreck between Me-Shawn and Chad Johnson on ESPN? MeShawn was getting on CJ's case because "people say you're tearing up the team" and "you're a distraction" and the team is losing because of him.

I didn't think it was fair, is it really Chad Johnson's fault they don't have a defense? No one minds when they're winning. I'll take CJ's attitude over TO and Randy Moss.

And why are they doing another feature on Chad Johnson when they're getting ready to do a big thing on him for E:60 ... this channel is annoying ... Fox pregame is coming on, I'm going to watch that.

2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Keyshawn lecturing Chad on conduct within a team. Good lord.

3. Dignan

Dignan Guest

I think Chad won their little debate, ridiculous as it was.

4. I like Keyshawn more than Irvin - especially his dialogue with Parcells - but his hypocrisy is amazing. Now he's attacking the Cowboys' Crayton for his comment about facing the Patriots in the Super Bowl ...

5. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

What's next? Britney Spears giving the keynote address at a PTA convention?

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I hope the rest of the ESPN crew was laughing its ass off at the irony.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It was brutal, the low point of the show in its 20 years.

ESPN actually piped in this sort of dark and foreboding music in the background during the interview. To signal that there was, like, tension brewing.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Wait a minute. Isn't this the same Meshawn that took so many undermining shots at Jake Delhomme that the team deemed releasing him the right thing to do this past offseason? In summary, he was so nasty to his QB and such a locker-room distraction that dumping him was better in spite of the Panthers not having a quality No. 2 WR.

Just checking ...

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Ask Wayne Chrebet about Meshawn.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I know, HB. While his willingness to go anywhere and get blasted to orbit was part of Wayne Chrebet's charm, I was also thinking that he was willing to stand up to Keyshawn was another part of what endeared him to Jets fans and other football fanatics in general.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

As a Jets' fan, I loved that Chrebet made every important catch and never bitched. Meshawn dropped a lot of balls; he never was the superstar receiver he was projected to be coming out of USC. Meshawn is, was a glorified possession receiver who made an obscene amount of money.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Berman gave him a gold star when it was done running. "Great job, Key."

Draft saved Draft deleted