1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chad Johnson: What?!?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by alleyallen, Apr 3, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

OK...I know I'm not the only one who had a serious WTF? moment this morning watching SportsCenter and the supposedly off-the-cuff phone interview given by Chad Johnson. And the ESPN talking head said, basically, that Johnson had an open forum. Yeah Chad, we're not doing a show or anything so talk your head off.

Contrived? Fake? Seems impossible to me that a glory hound like Johnson DIDN'T already know the comments made by Marvin Lewis. And shame on ESPN for such a painful awkward and hideous segment.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

This thread could have been about any number of things.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There's a reason he's not called Ocho Thinko.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Based on the last 30 years, I find it very difficult to side with the Bengals organization in virtually any scenario...

5. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

You have no idea how right you are ...

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Bengals are the Clippers of the NFL. It's truly amazing that they were able to go to the Super Bowl twice. But it is the worst organization in the NFL by a country mile.

Well, it might go Bengals, Lions, then a country mile... :D

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I saw that live last niight and I just kept hoping a producer would decide to cut the thing short. Dude kept asking, "Is that it?!?" and then when given more time had nothing more to say.

He had the same problem with the ESPN radio interview today --- sounded like a total foof. How could he not have already known that Chris Henry had been bounced? And clearly out of touch with reality --- how could you think that Henry's talent level somehow offsets his mental immaturity and inability to stay out of flexicuffs? (Well, unless you've been coddled so much because of your athletic ability that you think that athletic ability offsets any other factor.)

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

What? Is the Bengals obligated to tell Chad that Chris Henry got cut after a fifth fuck-up with the law in three years?

Maybe if Ocho Cinco wasn't acting a damn fool right now and being an ass by staying away from Cincy, he would have known what happened before Brian Kenny told him on-air.

As far as Henry is concerned, a big clap to the Bungles for saying enough of this stupid shit. He can't seem to stay the hell out of trouble, because he loves being in trouble so much.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Honestly, I thought it was a brilliant move by Brian Kenny, and a very well done interview. It's the 6 p.m. SportsCenter. Why not do this? It made for amazing train-wreck television, as did his radio interview today.

I think people got to see the true egomaniac he appears to be, instead of the Mr. Fun image he tried to maintain with his celebrations.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The interview was awful.

Kenny had no control of it from the start. It lacked focus, and more importantly, actual interest.

Then again, you get what you deserve when you offer a mentally-regressed child like Johnson an "open forum." Which turned out to be, yeah, nothing.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Sorry...I can't stand watching train wrecks like that. I literally muted the TV until I started seeing highlights again. Ugh. And I certainly don't think fans needed that interview to know Chad Johnson is not the good guy he portrays himself as.

12. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Exactly what you expect from an NFL team that prides itself on building the draft - then employs exactly one full time scout.

Excuse me, while I go back to my pit in southwest Ohio and wallow ...

Draft saved Draft deleted