1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chaaaappppppyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

One of the greatest war movies of all time, Iron Eagle, on AMC right now.

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I can think of 10 better in 5 seconds:

Saving Private Ryan
    Full Metal Jacket
    Apocalypse Now
    Patton
    The Deer Hunter
    Glory
    Platoon
    Das Boot
    Bridge on the River Kwai
    Red Dawn

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

You had me until Red Dawn.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Don't forget Forrest Gump.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

WOLVERINES!!!!!!!

(Hey ... it's on AMC, too ... so it's gotta be a classic! :D )

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes. Nothing says badass like Jason Gedrick.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Should've used the blue font, obviously. This thing is so bad on so many levels (the most believable part of the plot may be a teenager boosting a fully-armed F-16) that it becomes an awesome 80s classic.

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Saw it was on last night. I can't remember, does Chappy actually die or does he resurface in the air at the very end? I remember Doug putting the tape in.

And Doug Masters produced the most humiliating moment of my career, two weeks into my first job at a small daily

Some kid with the last name of Masters had a kickoff return for a key TD. I typed, "Doug Masters returned the kickoff blah blah blah." Even quoted him. Got home, went to bed, woke up at 2 in the morning. Wait, did I call the kid Doug Masters? Doug Frickin Masters?"

The kid's first name was not Doug. Was Matt or Tom or Mitch or something. Not Doug. Snuck back into the office to see if I had screwed up and confirmed it. It was too late to do anything. Called the coach at home first thing in the morning to ask him to apologize to the kid for me.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

He dog-paddled until he got picked up by an Egyptian trawler, IIRC. My memory on that movie has grown a little hazy beyond the excellent choice of Queen's 'One Vision" for the key soundtrack element.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Doug: I thought you went into the Med!?
    Chappy: Idid. Dog paddled for a little while until I got picked up by an Egyptian trawl-er.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Wait. Is this the movie where one of the soldier's girlfriends sends him a sex tape of her and another dude -- then one wing nut is adamant about watching it again, alone?

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

No, that sounds more like Road Trip.

Draft saved Draft deleted