1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CFP Championship Game Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 2, 2015.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The Orange Bowl halftime show has always been way more of a must-turn-off-the-TV-get-up-and-get-something-to-eat than a must-watch.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Waay back in the day, the Orange Bowl halftime show was fantastic.
    Then, there was the time that Ashlee Simpson got booed off the field.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Maybe we could also find someone with the intelligence to figure out appropriate starting times of two games without the second one needing to be delayed 40 minutes.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I was around waaaaaaay back in the day and have always found the Orange Bowl halftime to be more of an annoyance than anything resembling entertainment.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It makes sense. The green and yellow would clash with The Ohio State colors. The new Oregon White jersey will
    better match with the Ohio State red jersey making for a more visually pleasing TV broadcast.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

As I noted to a friend today, complaining about Oregon's uniforms has reached the stage of people bitching about long lines at the post office.

It's trite, it's not going to change and I'm sick and tired of hearing about it every time the subject comes up.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

That booing might've been my favorite Orange Bowl half-time moment ever. For those into unintentional trainwreck comedy you could not beat "Ashlee Simpson LIVE" back then. Be it SNL, a sporting event, whatever, she delivered....

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ok, here we are. CFP Championship day. Who is going to hoist the Golden Labia trophy?

I just hope there is a great photo of someone kissing it.

And a great game of course.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Almost forgot about it. Seemed overshadowed by NFL games. Don't think
    game has generated the buzz that everyone hoped for out of gate.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

At some point they get greedy by drawing it out for so long. No reason the final four couldn't have been January 1/8. This is the NFL's time to shine.

Not that the buzz won't be there tonight, but I think the country is pretty fan'd out the Monday after NFL divisional games and needs the next few days to start gearing up for the title games.

And oh, there's that college football championship thing tonight?

Because these college kids need 11 days between semifinal and final.

Oh, Ohio State.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's compressed, but the same effect is seen in the basketball Final Four. There's usually more buzz before the semi-finals than for the title game. Weird how Ohio State has gone from mildly controversial selection for the fourth spot to conventional pundit wisdom favorite for the title. It's like Alabama remains the most influential team even when it loses.

Draft saved Draft deleted