1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CFL Playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That would be awesome. Although I fear it would be the worst case scenario for the CFL. It would be a hell of a game though.

2. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Oh, absolutely. It'd be like the first Grey Cup I attended - 1998 in Winnipeg between the Stamps and Ti-Cats. I think I got my end zone seat (with McLoughlin's game-winning field goal coming right at me) for $70.

Too bad I can't go. Wife doesn't have the vacation time and is a bigger fan than I am.

I think Montreal's a bit overrated because of how weak the East is this year. That said, I don't know if Edmonton's defence can stop Calvillo.

Calgary should win but Wally's always had us by the berries at McMahon ever since he left. Should be the best game of the year.

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Nope. Scotty Atkinson was the men's coach when I was there, the women's program was just starting up. I think Chris Dawe was the coach.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh ... you're old then. :D

5. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I'm getting that a lot these days :(

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Aw muffin ... will a B.C. win on Saturday make you feel better?

7. markvid

markvid Guest

I hope it's in HD in the US this year.

8. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Um, no.

9. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Maciocia out in Edmonton...
    http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20081127.wspteskimos27/GSStory/GlobeSportsFootball/home

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Only as coach. He's staying on as GM.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I really don't know how I feel like this. As much as I hated him, he did do a better job than most thought he was capable of with this year's team. I am quite concerned at some of the names being thrown around. Doug Berry is a good buddy of his from their Montreal days, and that does not make me very happy. I would personally like to see Gregg Marshall who was orginally passed over for the Esks head job when Maciocia was hired.

Draft saved Draft deleted