1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CFL Playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

This year's CFL thread was all but abondoned, so I figured with the playoffs starting today a new thread was in order.

The Edmonton Eskimos are in Winnipeg to play in an expected blizzard I believe at 1 p.m. in the east, and then B.C is in Regina to take on the Roughriders at 4:30 p.m. On TSN in Canada, where in the U.S. I have no idea.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Only in the CFL could you have Edmonton playing Winnipeg in the Eastern Final.

Oskeeweewee, baby.

Next year.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Not true, my friend.

The Phoenix/Arizona/Southwest American Cardinals were a member of the NFL's NFC East division.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Eastern semifinal. Edmonton is the crossover team this year becuase the rest of the East sucked to bad. They were the fourth seed in the West at 10-8 while Winnipeg is the second seed in the East at 8-10.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Just one hour away, into the pregame now, looks damn cold in the 'Peg

6. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

http://www.channelsurfing.net/ for those of us south of the border.

And the Detroit Red Wings and Columbus Blue Jackets are still puzzled to find themselves in the Western Conference ...

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I should also mention that the CIS Regional Finals are all on today:

Ontario; Ottawa vs Western (The Score, 1:00).....Queen's choked last week. I'll take Ottawa by 10.

West: Simon Fraser at Calgary --no clue

Quebec: Concordia at Laval---Laval by 21

Atlantic: Saint-Francis Xavier (Hi, Flash) at St. Mary's (I predict an SFX upset). Acadia will be back next year.

Vanier's in Hamilton. I'm goin'

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Retards who feel the need to yell during a moment of silence piss me off to no end.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

And the Eskimos lead 21-15 at the half. entertaining game so far.

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

It kills me to watch this and not be there.

Go Western! 20-7 Mustangs.

11. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

I've watched many exciting cold weather football games and these semi finals, played outdoors on the praires are what personifies CFL ball.
    Wpg needs to switch QBs. Edm. is too consistent to try and beat with poor Q-backing.
    Hopefully the Sask-BC game will be a classic. I'm a hopeless Rider fan for 40 plus yrs. but now live on VanIsle.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So, Western (3) hosts St. Mary's (5) next weekend for the Mitchell Bowl.

Just talked to my Elliott. He says Mustangs are gonna smoke the Huskies.

I'm betting it's a Western/Laval Vanier and for the first time in my life, I'll be cheering for Western.

Draft saved Draft deleted