1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CFL 2010

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RickStain, Jul 1, 2010.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I know it's the Riders' 100th anniversary this year but those black jerseys were horrible. Associating the Riders with black and red is like associating the Ticats with double blue.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Those are the ones. Then put a black and red Riders retro T-shirt on a sixty year old guy who's also got a beer gut and you caan imagine how bad it looks.
    Oh, and add a ball cap, sunglasses and a headset. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I haven't seen one set of retro uniforms that I liked yet in the CFL. Some of the NFL ones are OK, but the CFL ones like something a junior high team would wear.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Disagree.

The Als, the Esks, the Ticats and the Stamps are all cool, particularly if you grew up in the era.

6. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

The past two seasons, though, have featured 50s and 60s uniforms, which were much more bland. The 70s was when uniform design started getting more interesting in the CFL.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Come to think of it, I haven't seen Edmonton's. Maybe they are decent.

Hey, can anyone here explain the import/non-import rule in the CFL? Is it broken down by position or just total roster spots?

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Roster spots and starting spots.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

OK, thanks.

Former Montana State QB Travis Lulay to start for BC against Toronto on Friday night.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

http://www.cfl.ca/page/game_rule_ratio

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Gotta wonder how safe Richie Hall's job is right now. True The Eskimos very easily could be 2-2, but they're not. They are now 0-4 off to their worst start in 50 years and just got destroyed 57-21 by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and a quarterback making just his second career start in five years i the league. Completely embarrassing.

Edit — Sorry I meant 47-21

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Wonder how much of Esks' problems is coaching, how much is conditioning and how much is general execution. The fourth-quarter issue can't be a complete accident at this point.

Draft saved Draft deleted