1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CFL 2010

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RickStain, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I did not know about the new roof for BC Place, I am sure the anti-Olympic type folks are loving that decision!

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This is a temporary stadium built on the site of the old Empire. They're doing a complete reno on BC place, including replacing that old roof with a retractable one. I believe it will be up and running for next season. Reports are the new one Empire is pretty cool. Seats around 27,000 and very intimate

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

After the talk about Riders merchandise sales, I seriously wonder how well those 100 year red and black jerseys have sold. Most of my Rider fan friends weren't too pleased with the colour scheme.

4. canucklehead

canucklehead Active Member

If I was a Rider fan I wouldn't buy one. They look like Stampeder uniforms and I believe Rider fans would rather die than look like they cheer for Calgary.

5. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

We have a three-page CFL 2010 thread already????
    Canuck, please.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The retros that BC is breaking out this year aren't too bad, but I'm still partial to the Eskimos green and gold that they had last year. Apparently they are going to the 1975 retro this year. I think most teams are doing a retro from that decade.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Why not? The season started almost a month ago.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Besides, we have one every year right a boot this time, eh?

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Those Riders retro jerseys were horrible, not to mention the Norwegian curling pants the coaches were wearing. Godawful

I think they're going to cut down on the number of retro games this year.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Norwegian curling pants?

11. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

OK, I'd tune in to see that.

12. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I thought the Norweigan pants were appropriate, almost a nod to the notion the jerseys were bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted