1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CFL 2010

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RickStain, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

So apparently the Ticats were supposed to be able to give the Alouettes a run for their money this year. Oops. Didn't look like it tonight. Their secondary was shite, they couldn't tackle, and rookie RT Rottier was schooled badly tonight. And while Glenn didn't play well at all, he didn't have much of a chance behind that offensive line. They better hope it was just a bad game.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Eskimos going to be any good this year?

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Nope.

4. mb

mb Active Member

You won't rain on my parade.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hey, the Ticats are MY team (well, as long as they're not playing the Esks)

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

You can have the Tabbies, JR (not that the Argos are worth a shit).

Get back soon ER...give me a reason to watch the CFL again!

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

They'll be alright. Offensively they should be much better if for no other reason than they will have had the whole offseason to work with OC, who was brought in midway through last year and they had trouble adapting. They also have more speed at wideout this year and Ricky Ray looked terrific during the pre-season against other team's No. 1 defences. Also a full year of Whitlock is going to be good for the Esks -- No Jesse Lumsden to worry about this year. Special teams should also be pretty damn good with a couple of top returners, and two capable kickers. The biggest question will be their defence and if they can actually stop anyone this year. They'll be second in the West I think this year.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

So better than the Stamps and Lions? Not bad.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The Esks completely overhauled their secondary. Only my kid and Jason Goss are left over from last year but since ER is on the 9 game injured list, they're going to start Jason Nugent at FS.

Also, Richie Hall has taken on the responsibility of defensive coordinator as well. The D should be a vast improvement over last year's.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It pains me greatly to say the roughriders may be the team to beat, that offence -- particularly thier receivers -- is crazy good. I have big doubts about that D though, especially after allowing Montreal to put up 51 in the opener and getting blown out early before their big come back. Really at this point, there is no team I despise more than the Roughriders. Learn to freaking count. Take your socks off if you have to.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

How can Darian Durant put up 470-something yards passing? His MO seems to be drop back, chunk it a mile high and deep and hope one of his guys runs under it. Watching he and Anthony Calvillo throw in the same game was really eye-opening.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Have you seen his receivers? thats why he can throw it 470 yards.

Oh and apparently take everything I said about the Eskimos and reverse it. They were absolute horseshit in their opener against B.C.

Draft saved Draft deleted