1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CFL 2010

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RickStain, Jul 1, 2010.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Riders and Montreal just kicked off. Did I miss this thread?

2. mb

mb Active Member

Winnipeg FTW!

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Calvillo looking great so far. Looking forward to this season than for no other reason than to mock the multitude of Riders fans in my neck of the woods by asking them to count to 12.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It's their 100th anniversary this year, they're going to spend the season acting like they are the Montreal Canadiens, except, you know, with only three Cups.

Thank God the Als are shit kicking them already,

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Ya mean were shit kicking them.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Running 2010 CFL football thread

First game of the regular season: Saskatchewan 54, Montreal 51 (20T).

May be the wildest game I have ever seen. Among the highlights:

Missed field goal returned 122 yards for a TD by Montreal rookie Tim Maypray. Gives Montreal 33-12 lead midway through the third quarter.

Riders come from 21 down, tie it up twice, take lead in overtime. Stop Montreal on 3rd-and-10 onlyto have --- you guessed it --- 13 men on the field keeps Alouettes' drive alive. Calvillo ties it up on TD pass, then hits SJ Green on an "Oh my God, how on earth did he ever catch that ball" two-point conversion.

Als take lead in second OT on a Duval FG, before Weston Dressler catches winning TD for Riders. Two QBs combine for nearly 850 yards passing.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Crap didn't see this thread earlier, so started another one.

Saskatchewan 54, Montreal 51 (2OT). One of the wildest games I have ever seen.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

A thousand monkeys typing for a hundred years couldn't come up with a script where the Riders are penalized for "too many men on the field" in the first OT.

Unreal.

In the Argos/Stampeder game, Toronto's d can't get off the field.

Edmonton plays BC at home on Sunday night.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

We seem to have two threads. Mark's started one as well. Maybe someone in power could shut one down.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, I'm glad we got that sorted out.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That was a blast to watch. What a way to start the season.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

My apologies, as I did not see this one started.

The catch SJ Green made on a two-point conversion in the first OT was the top play of the night on ESPN's Sportscenter.

I do love games like this, although I thought the Riders were out of it when they were down 33-12.

Draft saved Draft deleted