1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CFB Week 12 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by king cranium maximus IV, Nov 10, 2008.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Damn straight! There have been some great games the past few years (went to OT two years in a row) and this year could be the best. Cortland (9-0) is #7 in the nation and Ithaca (8-1) is #17.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I would love to see KU pull the upset, like they nearly did when Texas won the championship four years ago. But these Jayhawks apparently have forgotten how to tackle.

And lest anyone forget, here's an oldie but goodie from that 2004 game ...

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm not talking about a New Year's day bowl by any means, but maybe something a shade better. I don't expect a MAC team to go out and beat a team like Georgia. But could they beat the No.2 or 3 ACC team this year? Or The No. 2 or 3 Big East team? Even a PAC-10 team that isn't USC? Probably.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sure a MAC team could win those types of games. Toledo won at Michigan. Wyoming won at Tennessee. Granted Michigan and Tennessee are down, but those are monumental upsets in the grand scheme of things. Parity is closing the gap in college football faster and faster.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And it's not as if these are good Toledo and Wyoming teams this year that just happened to catch UM and UT when they were down. In fact, Toledo and Wyoming also have their worst teams in years, and Wyoming is eighth in the MWC.

I'd love to see Ball State play Notre Dame this year. Anywhere, anyplace, anytime.

And Turner Gill probably won't be coaching at UB next year, sad to say.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wyoming won at Tennessee, on the Vols' homecoming. That's still really funny (and sad).

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Sad? Not from this perspective. I swing back and forward in my saddle on my horse (a pretty good horse).

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Manuel and Simpson better do their best to keep him. /wishful thinking.

9. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Notre Dame is a bunch of pussies. They'd only play them if they were assigned to a bowl. In which case, I'm with you. I'd love to see Ball State's speedy offense make Weis' chins shake.

10. Anyone else enjoying that Gameday is broadcasting from Florida A&M today?

I would love to spend a season following MEAC football, solely for the halftimes.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I am at home alone this weekend, because my wife is visiting my son in New York so they can attend a preview of a Sondheim musical. So I can watch all the CFB I wish without interruptions for trivial matters such as home maintenance, raking freakin' leaves, etc.
    And the BEST game of the 22 being televised at my house is Princeton-Yale. It ain't fair.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Does anyone think Notre Dame would accept -- or even be invited to -- a bowl that includes a MAC team? I'm not here to slap the MAC, but even if the Irish are 7-5 they're Gator Bowl bound.

Draft saved Draft deleted