1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CFB Week 12 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by king cranium maximus IV, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I would say Cincinnati is prime for a major letdown, but they get Louisville this Friday night. While I think the teams' talent levels are similar, Cincy has a distinct advantage in that they actually have a coach. Maybe not for much longer, but he won't leave before the end of the season.

This game also has probably the least known rivalry trophy -- The Keg of Nails. Cincy can take the keg Friday, but I'm assuming Louisville fans will want to keep the nails.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

How many people are you feeding? Isn't the Good ol Number One like $5? Meanwhile, the average meal for one person at Applebees or any of those kind of places is what, $7-8?

3. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Is South Carolina/Florida really the best game this week? Outside of Buffalo/Akron of course.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's a pretty crappy weekend on the docket - how bad is it? I'm looking forward to Oregon State - Cal.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Hell, the way Bama plays, that game may not be too bad.

6. derwood

derwood Active Member

Washington will beat UCLA at home.

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Even so, I personally am excited to see my school getting a shot at No. 1 this weekend.
    Mississippi State has won two straight over the Tide already, but never have the Bulldogs won 3 straight.
    The game is at T-Town and for sure it'd be an upset. It's an opportunity, though, that most teams don't get during any given year.
    State last played No. 1 in 1998, facing then-top Tennessee in the SEC title game at Atlanta.
    Before that, MSU played and beat No. 1-Bama in 1980.

Happy, I'm saying, to be getting an opportunity

6-p.m.-ish, Sat. nite, ESPN.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

Even this Ole Miss grad will be pulling for State in that one.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

10. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Covered two Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowls in my lifetime and let me tell you, that's one fun week. Every press conference was supplied with Chick-Fil-A nuggets and sandwiches (no waffle fries though, UGH).

I used to joke that I could eat Chick-Fil-A for every meal until I covered my first Peach Bowl and realized it was literally served at every meal. Still, it was good.

The only thing better may have been when TCBY used to sponsor the Sun Belt basketball tournament. Free TCBY all week, yummy.

11. WS

WS Member

State beat Alabama in 96, 97 and 98. One of my obnoxious Mississippi State friends still has a 3-peat t-shirt.

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Yes, that's correct. Good catch.
    Apparently, another time in the 1910s-timeframe they also did it.
    The series record is unbalanced, though.
    Alabama leads 71-18-3

Draft saved Draft deleted