1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CFB Week 12 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by king cranium maximus IV, Nov 10, 2008.

1. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

So here's a thought...know who really isn't going to fill all its bowls? The SEC.

I'm assuming Bama/UF will avoid losses on their way to the SECCG. Winner goes to the MNC game, loser should still get a Sugar Bowl nod. Georgia looks OK for the Capital One Bowl, LSU stays out west for the Cotton. Spurrier makes his return to a NYD bowl at the Outback.

After this, you've got the Chick-fil-A Bowl, the Music City Bowl, the Liberty Bowl, the Independence Bowl, and the Papajohns.com Bowl. Kentucky has 6 wins, so they're set. Ole Miss is 5-4 and can get to 6 wins with a win over UL-Monroe or in the Egg Bowl...so they're OK. Auburn is 5-5 and will have to beat either Georgia or Alabama...so they're not so OK. Vanderbilt once again has 5 wins and is still looking for 6. You'd assume they could get that against Tennessee...but they could have done it against Miss. State or Duke, too. Arkansas has to win out, including a game against LSU, so no.

Not sure who out of Ole Miss/UK you choose if you're the Chick-Fil-A Bowl. Music City is likely praying CFA will choose UK. Until Vanderbilt actually does it once, I'll believe 6 wins when I see 'em. And everyone else is toast.

2. I have one son at Ole Miss and the other one lives in Atlanta.
    Chick-Fil-A Fever grips my family, king!

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Man, I ate so many meals at the CFA in the Union. It's unnatural, really.

PS: Stop making Ole Miss references. You're making me homesick :)

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I might blow up to Mangino-like proportions if I had constant access to Chik-Fil-A.

5. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ahhh. The good ol' number one.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Best fastfood you can ever find, ever. And the chicken biscuits for breakfast, ohhhhhhh lordy!

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Cracks me up how the first top-25 action will be in about 30 hours with Ball State at Miami (Ohio). Might as well start the week with the best team in the country.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Figures a jayhawk fan would stop with the chicken references :)

11. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

The problem with Chick-Fil-A is it's so damn expensive. It cost me nearly $30 to feed my family take-out from there the other day. We can have a sit-down dinner at Applebee's for that.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Of course. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted