1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CFB Week 11 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Oh slap, what a wonderful game you two will share! Not only is this the last time the Little Brown Jug game will be played in the Dome, it's GOLD OUT 2008!

Coach Brew is calling for all fans to wear Gold! Watch the clip linked!

So make sure to wear Gold and bring that Jug home!

http://www.gophersports.com/newMediaPlayer/console.htm?type=vod&oemid=8400&id=151604&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=38605&SPID=3280&DB_OEM_ID=8400&CLIP_ID=146940&CLIP_FILE_ID=151604

2. dargan

dargan Active Member

Tigers. Tide.

The Hat. The Hated.

dargan. dixiehack.

Let's get it on!

3. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Speaking of Ball State, the Cardinals are up 21-7 on Northern Illinois early in the second half. And ESPN's studio host called BSU Miami of Ohio at halftime....welcome to MAC Night in America!!!!

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Guys lets take up a collection so Slappy can take his wife to see OSU at the Big House. ;D ;D

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hey, in slappy's defense this is the final season at the Metrodome for the Gophers. Some of the greatest moments in Minnesota football history happened there. This is a last chance to experience the glory that is the Metrodome on a Gopher football Saturday.

Just off the top of my head I can recall:

Nebraska scoring 82 points on them in the Dome in 1983.

Iowa's fans tearing down the goalposts after clinching the Big 10 title at the Dome in 2002.

Utah blocking a field goal in a tie game and returning it for a touchdown as time expired in 1989.

Gopher Football... Feel the Fail!

6. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Ball State wins 45-14 to go to 9-0. Every win has come by double digits, the closest being Navy (12 points).

Can't justify a BCS bid ahead of Utah or Boise State, but if both of those teams lose, Ball State is starting to put together a decent argument based on margin of victory. That said, the remaining schedule (at Miami, at Central Michigan, vs. Western Michigan) will be a difficult test.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Irrelevance Bowl, sponsored by Tiffin Motorhomes. Commonwealth Stadium, Lexington, Ky. Saturday, 12:30 PM. Hosted by Dave.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Armchair, don't forget that the best moments of the Gophers in the Dome is when Iowa storms across the field and take Floyd home. :). I'm such an asshole!

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Glennon gets the start. Great. Wonderful.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

How many times will we hear about the great Bud Foster?

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Are you sh*tting me? TCU-Utah isn't on tonight? Not even on Versus? Nice - why play on a Thursday if you're not getting on TV?

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I assumed that game was not available in Canada. That's unbelievable.

Draft saved Draft deleted