1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CEO Vivian Schiller out at NPR

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Should someone have been asking questions about ACORN, Planned Parenthood, and NPR?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah, because real investigative reporters plot to lure another reporter to a boat filled with sex toys and not let her leave until she's crying.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/abbie-boudreau-responds-to-james-okeefes-cnn-caper-statement/

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I didn't defend O'Keefe or his actions.

But, considering the federal funding that ACORN, Planned Parenthood, and NPR receives/received, do you think that someone in the mainstream media should have expressed a little curiosity of the people who were the stewards of that money and looked into how it was spent?

4. Inky_Wretch

Given how little they receive in federal funding, no.

The Corporation for Public Broadcasting receives less than 0.003 of the Federal Budget. There are other entities that get much larger chunks of taxpayers' money that should have a light shone in their direction first.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Do you know the difference journalistically between a governor and an office worker?

Plus, the Gov was talking about sending down people to start people with others, right? Last time I checked that is against the law.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I'll say it again. O'Keefe is a punk.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, sez you. Other people might have different thoughts. Be nice if you would explain your position -- or admit that it's the difference between O'Keefe going after Acorn or NPR or 60 Minutes going after nursing home abuse.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Lot of people thought Mike Wallace was a punk.

9. Inky_Wretch

Are you seriously equating nursing home abuse with getting a fundraiser to say impolite things about tea partiers!?!

He's a wannabe Borat.

10. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

What a freaking joke.

11. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

OK, I'll be the one to say O'Keefe's ACORN sting was bullshit, the product of creative editing, and that ACORN was a worthwhile organization. I guess that part of it didn't make it to you folks out there in FOXland.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Acorn, a worthwhile organization? Not with their financial scams. Yeah, the editing was creative. All good editing is. But you couldn't find one liberal defending Acorn after that. Something was fishy and everyone knew it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.