1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Census worker found hanged in Kentucky; 'FED' scrawled on his chest

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Perhaps he was killed because of that reasoning. I hope we'll find out since, you know, the "Fed" report was credible.

But don't put words in our mouths. Nobody said the killer represents the GOP base. Nobody said the base is nothing but wingnuts. Perhaps if Michelle Bachmann (R-Minn) hadn't said she wouldn't fill out the census form and linked the census to those fictional internment camps, we'd not be bandying about the wingnut as a murderer theory today.

2. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I doubt it was suicide, but also doubt it had anything to do with him working with the Census Bureau.

3. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

And you are the KING of putting words in people's mouths. So I will dismiss your advice.

4. Inky_Wretch

And, once again, you completely ignore the point in favor of slinging shit. You're nothing if not consistent in that regards.

By the way, how's that "Way to jump the gun, lefties. Nice credibility." post working out for you? Did you use Tony Chachere's to season the crow?

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

It's like Vince Foster fell through a wormhole to let us all know this is just the introduction to the opposites.

6. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I am still waiting for the "wingnut" connection that was immediately assumed. It is not there. Like I said, nice credibility.

7. mb

mb Active Member

You "doubt" it?

That's awesome.

8. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Okay, no way in hell it was suicide. There, that better?

9. Inky_Wretch

No, you posted a link that said the "Fed" report was false. That was what you were referring to in that post.

It very well might be a methhead acting out. It also might be a wingnut who believes Bachman's statement about internment camps. Hopefully, the whole story will come out during the investigation.

10. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Speaking of Bachmann... seems she's a bit nervous on this issue:

=============================================================

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) was in St. Louis, MO today for the right-wing How to Take Back America Conference, which features panels such as “How to stop feminist and gay attacks on the military” and “How to recognize living under Nazis & Communists.” The Washington Independent’s Dave Weigel attended the conference and attempted to catch up with Bachmann to ask her about the murdered Census worker in Kentucky, but she evaded his question:

"After the speech, Bachmann had only a few minutes to sign autographs and collect a stack of CDs and books from fans who’d followed her into the lobby. I caught up to her as she headed outside and asked if she had any response to the murder of a Kentucky census worker, having noticed that the Census, a constant target for Bachmann, did not figure into her speech. Bachmann recoiled a little at the question and turned to enter her limo.

“Thank you so much!” she said.

=============================================================

But according to some around here ... she's the next Great American Hero.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Do we actually know the guy was doing his census work when this happened?

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Who's that even from? And when did saying "I won't fill out the census" become the same as "Hey, please kill the next census worker you see"

Draft saved Draft deleted