1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Census worker found hanged in Kentucky; 'FED' scrawled on his chest

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 23, 2009.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

2. House

House Member

CHILD: You men from the bank?
    PETE: You Wash's boy?
    CHILD: Yassir! And Daddy tolt me I'm to shoot whosoever from the bank!
    DELMAR: Well, we ain't from no bank, young feller.
    CHILD: Yassir! I'm also suppose to shoot folks servin' papers!
    DELMAR: Well we ain't got no papers.
    CHILD: Yassir! I nicked the census man!
    DELMAR: There's a good boy. Is your daddy about?

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Doesn't it seem just a little ridiculous that some anti-government wacko killed a part-time census worker for being a part-time census worker? Of all the un-important, "who cares" government workers he could possible come across and decide to murder... Not a cop, not an FBI agent or a IRS person, or even a Fish and Wildlife ranger. He chose to make his statement by murdering a part time census worker.

If he hates the government so much he killed this guy, he probably has a basement full of dead mailmen.

4. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

Well, unlike FBI or IRS workers, this guy knocked on his house.

Or at least, in theory.

I still think this guy stumbled onto the wrong meth lab or marijuana field and got killed. The "FED" thing was to throw the cops off. Weird all around.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I do not buy into the second part of your theory. Definitely could have been unrelated to his work, but if they really wanted to throw the cops off they could have just buried him.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, and not that meth heads necessarily think clearly, but the hanging and the FED touch are guaranteed to bring in plenty of more resources than Deputy Fife out there in BFE.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Agreed, this idea that it might've bee drug dealers faking a hate crime "to throw the police off" fails to pass the common sense test with me.

If they just kill him and hide the body, then maybe this gets investigated like a routine missing persons/murder case with only local authorities being involved. But doing it this way only ensures that a whole bunch of new feds from Washington (and national media coverage) comes snooping around hard. That's the LAST thing a meth lab operator or grower trying to hide his operations would want.

That theory only works if we assume that it was an incredibly batshit stupid dealer (admittedly, a distinct possibility), but it's not how one thinking rationally would've done it.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The mailman or -woman just drops off the mail and doesn't ask a bunch of questions.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And the person responsible might use a PO Box so the mailman doesn't even come by their house.

10. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

So, it's been established the reason this guy was killed was because he was a part-time census worker?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's the prevailing theory, what with "Fed" scrawled on the body. Since, you know, that report was credible.

12. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Because people go around calling census workers "fed" all the time. And a "fed" is never really referenced as a DEA agent or cop, right? With all the pot being grown around where this body was found, it is clear this was all about some "wingnut" or, the "base" of the republican party, just acting as all republicans usually do. Had to be because the president is black.

Draft saved Draft deleted