1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Census worker found hanged in Kentucky; 'FED' scrawled on his chest

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 23, 2009.

1. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Well, then it was a double dip, I guess. He worked for government schools, too.

What a horrible story. Sounds like a guy who had dealt with his share of adversity and was making it on his own... just the kind of person the Hannitys, Becks, and Rushes of the world would want to promote. But I bet we don't hear a word about this poor guy on any of their shows. Beck's too busy boiling frogs, Hannity's too busy lying through his frat-boy smirk all day every day, and Rush is too busy being a lying, drug-addicted douchebag.

Maybe it's a random act of violence disguised as something else... but maybe not.

Either way, it ought to make some people stop and consider what they're saying .. and the impact it might have. As El Rushbo says, words mean things.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

"We didn't tell anyone to kill census workers, we just warned patriotic Americans that there are forces out there that want to abort their babies, kill their grandmas, take away their guns and lock them in secret internment camps," Right Wing Loonie Response.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I'm not sure I would classify this as a right-wing extremist anti-government hate crime just yet. He could have very well just stumbled onto someone's marijuana crop.

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Maybe he killed himself and the way he did it was a word puzzle thing. Hanged man from a tree with the word "fed" on him = FED UP

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah, can't say he wasn't warned about going down Copperhead Road!

6. LWillhite

LWillhite Member

My mom graduated from Clay County High School. My grandma and aunt still live there. On the occasions when I visit, I refuse to get off the HWY and go up the "holler." There's some scary stuff up there...and the law there might be as corrupt as the criminals.

On the relatively more amusing side, I used to enjoy reading the wedding announcements in the weekly there. As often as not, the folks getting married were 17- or 18-years-old. Just a whole different way of life. I want to say the majority of working-age adults there (and not just by a 51 percent-to-49 percent margin) are on some form of government assistance.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You're just an unbelievable ass. The same day this story breaks, and somehow, someway, you find a way to link to every commentator you hate, without a shred of substance.
    I think I may have outed you. You didn't used to be Mike Nifong?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm skeptical of the motives behind this.

That said, if he stumbled upon a meth lab, or even a field of weed, I don't think he'd have been hanged and strung up from a tree.

Meth cooks generally don't want to BRING law enforcement to their neck of the woods.

9. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Bite me, Hondo. Sensitive much? Learn how to flippin' read. I'm not accusing anyone of anything.

10. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/uncategorized/suicide-not-ruled-out-for-dead-census-worker-he-was-in-contact-with-the-ground/

Way to jump the gun, lefties. Nice credibility.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What lefties? The AP?

12. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

"Wonder if Beck, Hannity, Rush and their ilk will find room in their anti-government blowhard bitch-fests to mourn someone working for the government who was just doing their job."

"We didn't tell anyone to kill census workers, we just warned patriotic Americans that there are forces out there that want to abort their babies, kill their grandmas, take away their guns and lock them in secret internment camps," Right Wing Loonie Response.

That's what I was talking about. But you knew that.

Draft saved Draft deleted