1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Census PSA's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by highlander, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The answers are political so I don't think we can discuss on line.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Okay, but i think all the hispanic step-children are in for a rough time.

I have to believe they'd get a better response if they eliminated the names and other personal info. Anyone with the slightest distrust of government is not going to comply.

3. rube

rube Active Member

They didn't exactly get creative with them – I think the one's being read during games say something like '2010 Census: Fill it out and mail it back.'
    Ok then.

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I'm picturing my Aunt Glenda filling out the Census. She's several years younger than me (it's fun to have much younger aunts and uncles) -- she was one of 8+ (lost count) children my grandfather had. She was adopted from Guatemala... but is Mayan. She has just married (congrats to her) and has two (white) stepsons. I believe her mother (my ex-step-grandmother) is living with her.

Ha! ;D

5. highlander

highlander Member

They had commercials during timeouts. Not just those read during the game.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Um, stupid question here.

So what happens if you just so happen to accidentally spill something, like I don't know, orange juice, on you Census and need a new one?

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dammit, you stole my idea.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Here's Christopher Walken's take on the Census. For you bobcats out there.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I can see where knowing adoption numbers might be useful. Step-children, I have no idea.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I like how the government is spending a bunch of money telling us to turn in our census forms to get funding for our towns. Or they could just skip the funding they are wasting on commercials and postage and send it to our towns anyway.

A few weeks ago I got a postcard notifying me that my census would be on the way. I wish the federal government would send me a check to notify me my tax return check is on the way.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I got a letter telling me it was on the way. It came and took about 10 seconds to fill out and I mailed it off. Then, two days ago, I got a postcard telling me my form should have arrived about a week ago and reminding me to send it in. Really? I needed a warning and a reminder?

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Just received my reminder. Our town is a bunch of shiny happy Republicans. Each census filled out reduces our federal funds by a million dollars.

Draft saved Draft deleted