1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

cell phones/do not call lists

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Nov 11, 2008.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

While that might be the case, you may have agreed somewhere along the line to have your number shared and didn't know it.

Not defending them, just saying that not all of them are violating the laws.

2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Most of the questions on this thread can be answered by looking into the internet tube.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt107.shtm

Calls soliciting for charities are not covered by the do-not-call list.

Numbers stay in the registry until they're disconnected and reassigned or if you request for your number to be removed.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I've registered mine and my wife's.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I put my cell phone number on the National Do Not Call List back when it first started.

When people call me on it, I don't just say "I'm not interested" and hang up. I tell them, "I'm not interested and please take my phone number off your list."

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

home phone is on the do not call list, but the do not call list does not apply to charity calls. I've learned to ignore most calls on the caller ID from a private or unknown number. However the one time in the last month I answered and it was some charity and they asked how I'm doing today I responded with "not so good, I just got laid off and can't afford to give anything". That ended their appeal before it began as the response was "I'm sorry to hear that, good bye"

Draft saved Draft deleted