1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cell phones/Cell phone service: I need help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FuerteJ, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

It is, I promise. I have the Razr v3m and it works great.

-- more --

I just went back to the Motorola site. After clicking on the software link, it gives you the chance to see if your phone is compatible with Phone Tools. So, I clicked on my phone and it told me it's not. This is not true, I used the program to add some more numbers to my phone this morning.

Motorola should fix their site. :mad:

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

OK, good. I was starting to think I was retarded for not seeing the V3 on there.

3. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Patchs, check your PM.

What do people think about Sprint? Horror stories? Good to deal with? Generally good coverage?

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Generally decent coverage where I live, in a big city, but it takes forever if you ever need to reach their customer service people.

5. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Also, isn't Palm having financial troubles right now? Would it be wise in investing in a phone where the company might not survive?

Just wondering aloud.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Fuerte, if you do any rural traveling at all, think long and hard before going with Sprint. At least do a lot of homework. I don't know how it is in other areas, but in my neck of the woods, if you leave a major highway, you are roaming with Sprint. I had one salesperson try and tell me otherwise -- I had to point it out to him on his own coverage map. ::)

7. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Interesting. Rural travel is definitely in the job requirements. Hmm.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

You might be the reason I didn't get one. They tried to push me in that direction a couple weeks ago when I got a new phone but I remembered somebody on here had problems with the Razr. So I got basically the same LG model I had before, an updated version that doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles. Like it. Also have had Verizon for about seven or eight years and haven't had any real problems.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm with AT&T right now, but I like that plan patchs posted. It would save me about $60 a month...

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i have the blackberry curve. love, love, love it.

Draft saved Draft deleted