1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cell phone question...I've looked everywhere and can't figure it out

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I have a touch screen on my G1. I don't use it unless I'm wanting to send a quick message and I'm walking. Otherwise I use the slide-out QWERTY keypad. My bratwurst fingers hit too many wrong keys on the touchscreen.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

After being a dyed-in-the-wool Verizon fanboi, I can now honestly ask why anyone in their right mind wouldn't switch to an iphone.

After 3 months, I can honestly say I simply would not be able to live without mine. I'd give up DirecTV before I'd give up my iPhone.

Plus, it doesn't drop calls in my apt. the way my Verizon phone did.

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Some of us would rather spend the extra $25-30 on something else instead of a higher phone bill. Maybe it's just me. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is amazing and I think I'd enjoy one, but until the phone bill comes down a bit I won't be jumping on it. Plus, I have another two years with Verizon.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

My only problem with Verizon is spotty reception in my condo. That's the con of staying with them. The pro is that I have been getting 20 percent off my bill for the last six years and I get a free phone every two years, which is sweet. Plus, we're not gonna live in this exact condo forever, so.....

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Well, I'm glad to hear we're not the only ones with spotty reception in the apartment. We have dropped calls all the time and sometimes service doesn't even show up for a few minutes. We have T-Mobile and nothing but trouble. Our contracts are up in December and we're thinking of changing to Verizon but if that gives trouble too...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. JackReacher

My thing is....I live right next to an Army base and there's tons and tons of trees around. Even on the verizon coverage map, my neighborhood is coded a less shade of orange, meaning not great service. I still get service in my condo, it's just spotty. When I'm in the back room, it's fine. But it's just a pain to have to go back there every time I use my phone.

7. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Well, we have an even bigger problem than that. We live right next to the Detroit River with CANADA, arggh, on the other side. (Hi Canadian friends like JR). Anyway, the phones roam right over onto the Canadian network, thus incurring huge roaming charges. Sometimes I can get them taken off but I've paid plenty. I wonder if there is a network that has flat fees for U.S. and Canadian calls? Anyone know? Like AT&T?

8. JackReacher

Yeah. You definitely have it worse. No question.

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

Please stick to matters of what you know of, like boots and purses, and, err sports writing.
    Sprint is not going under, they have almost 50 million customers, and with their new Any Mobile, Any Time plan, I believe they're going to do well.
    And if not, some foreign telcom will buy them.

10. JackReacher

Easy there, killer.

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Um, wow.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Well, this thread took a hard turn.

Draft saved Draft deleted