1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cell Phone Do Not Call List

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SockPuppet, Jun 14, 2006.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

This was an e-mail sent out by my office:

JUST A REMINDER....8 days from today, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls. YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS.... To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222 It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time.

It blocks your number for five (5) years.

2. flaming_mo

flaming_mo Guest

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

whoever runs snopes is a genius. i'm way too lazy to look into who created and keeps up the site but the world is a better place because of that site. (and no, i have no affiliation with snopes)

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Isn't this a D_B8 at this point?

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I don't care. I'm glad he posted it. Not only did that, but I renewed my overall do-not-call registration, because I've been getting a telemarketer call or two in the past week.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. I called and gave my number.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Dude, it's a hoax. Check the snopes link in this thread.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Al-Qaeda terrorists have poisoned one in five cans of Coca-Cola with anthrax and arsenic.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Just to review: it's illegal to use auto-dialers to dial cell phone numbers. Most telemarketers use auto-dialers. Ergo, it's pretty much illegal for them to call your cell phone.

Also, click here.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

John Denver was a U.S. Army sniper in Vietnam.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Also, according to Snopes, there really is a knife-wielding maniac in the back seat of your car waiting to kill you, and flashing your headlights at a car with no lights on will get you killed by under-initiation gang members.

Draft saved Draft deleted