1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celebrity Who Should Never Divorce, Getting Divorced

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moose A. Moose, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Next to the George Lopez, According to Jim is Seinfeld.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Funny you mention Seinfeld, because like Lopez I thought his standup act was weak, but the TV show funny.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

No surprise here. He's a multimillionaire Hollywood star. She shoulda hit the gym, whether she had one or two or no kidneys!

[​IMG]

That snark aside, I can't say I'm surprised. I once worked a shoot with him and he spent the entire time flirting hard with the talent interviewing him. And I mean hard.

4. Mizzougrad96

The only reason he ever got a network show was because Sandra Bullock was one of the producers. I watched the show a couple times and thought, "Am I missing something here? How has this show lasted five years." He actually had the gall to rip ABC when they canceled him.

Watched one of his HBO specials and I don't think I so much as smirked during the entire hour.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I know a lot of Mexicans who think the guy's stand-up is hysterical.

6. Mizzougrad96

Well, when it's him, Pablo Francisco, Gabriel Iglesias, Carlos Mencia and a few others, the choices are limited.

The guy who won Last Comic Standing is Hispanic and makes George Lopez look like George Carlin.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I know a lot of people who dig Gabriel Iglesias, too. Mencia was big for a while, but he seems to have declined in popularity.
    I don't know Pablo Francisco. I'll have to ask some brown people about him.

8. Mizzougrad96

Pablo Francisco is best known for doing the impression of the movie preview guy. He's pretty funny.

I used to love Mencia, until I found out he was stealing everybody's act. He actually had the balls to steal a significant bit from Bill Cosby Himself, one of the legendary comedy albums.

Iglesias is really funny.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Steal? Act?

Sinned Yrael? Nibor Smailliw?

Nah, no comic does that. Ever.

One man's opinion.

10. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I like The George Lopez Show. Hell, I even watch the re-runs on Nick at Nite. But I don't care for his stand-up stuff and don't find him all that funny in that arena.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

This was a true laugh out loud moment. Well-done.

12. Mizzougrad96

I'd bet that in the long run it turns out to be true. Whenever Lopez' contract is up, he'll be gone.

Draft saved Draft deleted