1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celebrity Who Should Never Divorce, Getting Divorced

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moose A. Moose, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

A good attorney will be able to get her kidney back.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's what I'm thinking.

3. Sports_Scribe

Sports_Scribe Member

It'll make for interesting divorce proceedings.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It should get her a hell of a lot more than just half.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Again, lots of assumptions being made that it's completely his doing. A quote from years back doesn't do anything to prove he's the scumbag here.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

i'll lay even money, all day, he's the bad guy in this piece.

Happy to let it play out.

7. I'll bet MY kidney he's the bad guy.

There are also published reports about a certain Sheen-like fondness of the working girls for him. But, that could be coming out from his side so as to show how tortured he was that he would not leave the woman who gave him a kidney and instead had to hire out. That would be a better story for him than a picture of him with a 6-foot, 90lb. leggy 20-something. Of course, for true tabloid fodder, it would be great if it was Sandy Bullock.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Anyone who still doubts the first decade of the 21st century was the worst 10-year span in the history of America--nay, civilization--needs only remember that both "George Lopez" and "According To Jim" aired enough episodes--on the same fucking network!!!--to reach syndication.

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Let's not rush to conclusions. Maybe Conan is forcing him out.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've know a few people who who have met Lopez and say he's a great guy. I remember seeing him on Punk'd and instead of freaking out when his house was "damaged" he instead expressed concern for others, wanted to make sure people weren't hurt and seemed really understanding. Sure, it's only anecdotal, and I'm not into the whole celebrity couple thing - but the news about his divorce was disappointing.

11. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I may be alone here, but I actually like the George Lopez show. I thought the early episodes were hilarious. As is normally the case it went downhill.

12. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

I liked Lopez's mayor character on Reno 911! because it seemed such a natural fit for him. He was truly excellent in that role. Is he a good comedian, no, not really, but he can be funny in the right situations.

Draft saved Draft deleted