1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celebrity Rehab, Season II (updated)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Dec 3, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Dr. Drew Pinsky will host “Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew.” The eight-episode series, set to debut Jan. 10, will follow Brigitte Nielsen, Chyna, Daniel Baldwin, Jeff Conaway, Jessica Sierra, Jaimee Foxworth, Seth “Shifty” Binzer, Mary Carey and Ricco Rodriguez as they undergo detox and treatment at a center in the Los Angeles area.
    "The road to sobriety is not easy and rehabilitation and the recovery process are not to be taken lightly," Dr. Pinsky said. "My goal is to lift the veil and help my patients, as well as viewers, understand that if not taken seriously, addiction is a disease that will kill you."

All but one of the patients completed an intensive 21-day, around-the-clock program
    with both group and one-on-one therapy. After they completed the program, the patients were given the opportunity to continue their treatment in a sober living facility or treatment center for at least three months at VH1's expense.

I'm guessing maybe this one:
    Hell-bent on being released following her latest arrest, Jessica Sierra apparently thought she had a get-out-of-jail-free card no male police officer could resist. And when her offer wasn't accepted, she allegedly changed tactics and decided to call the arresting officer the N-word several times instead.
    The former American Idol fourth-season finalist offered to give a police officer oral sex in return for her release following her early Saturday arrest on charges of disorderly intoxication, resisting arrest without violence and violating probation, The Tampa Tribune reported Monday citing a Tampa police report.

2. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Re: Celebrity Rehab

If you want a quality rehab-related show, the new season of Intervention starts tonight on A&E.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I loved Dr. Drew on "Loveline," but I wouldn't watch this show with my neighbor's eyes.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Why would anyone watch this shit?

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Probably the same reason people give a shit about celebrity gossip. But damned if I know what that is.

6. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

"Rehab" is code for "I need to pimp a movie/album/TV show."

7. Re: Celebrity Rehab

I won't miss an episode. Sounds like my kind of train wreck.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Further proof that VH-1 needs to be euthanized, and soon.

9. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

If they'd only bring back Pop Up Video! :mad:

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Uh, no. That was the initial proof that VH-1 needed to be euthanized.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Doesn't "celebrity" imply people have heard of you?

I have never heard of seven of these people. I wouldn't know them if they came through the door and dropped a log in my living room.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yep, I'll be in the wreck with you -- but only because Drew is involved. He wouldn't be part of something that's a joke like most of VH1's stuff. I'm wagering it will be better than it sounds.

Draft saved Draft deleted